The Local Enterprise Technical Assistance Scheme (LETAS) provides grant for enterprises to engage external consultants to implement quality management and IT systems, including ISO certification and upgrading of computer systems.LETAS subsidises up to 50% of the costs of hiring the consultant#. The funding support for IT projects does not cover hardware and software costs. Funding support for Quality Management system projects does not cover certification fees.
# For Quality Management System and IT E-commerce projects, it is subject to a maximum grant cap of $5,000 or 50% of consultancy cost (whichever is lower). For IT implementation projects, it is subject to a maximum grant cap of $10,000 or 50% of consultancy cost (whichever is lower).
You can apply for the Local Enterprise Technical Assistance Scheme if your company meets these criteria :
registered or incorporated in Singapore
at least 30% of your shareholding is local
your company’s group fixed assets are worth below $15 million*
you have not more than 200 employees (for companies in the services sector)*
* Computed on a group basis i.e. checking up to three levels for corporate shareholders holding 20% or more of the total shareholding in the company and one level down where the company holds more than 50% of the shareholding in a subsidiary company
Before you apply
1. Read the LETAS Terms & Conditions (WORD format, 48kB) for more details.
2. Find a consultant for your project.
3. Obtain a Project Proposal from your consultant. For IT projects, please use the LETAS Implementation / E-Commerce Consultancy Format (Word format, 45kB).
4. Ensure that the project and business both qualify for LETAS.
5. Prepare all the supporting documents :
* business’ latest profile from ACRA
* financial statements
* Consultant Project Proposal
* Consultant CV
6. Download the LETAS Application Form (WORD format, 281kB).
7. Submit the Application Form with all the supporting documents.
8. Wait 2 – 3 weeks for SPRING to reply. You can start on your project
1 day after submitting your application form – it will not affect the outcome in any way. Bear in mind that your application may be rejected.
Upon successful application
9. Receive Letter of Offer, LETAS Claim Form (WORD format, 227kB) and LETAS Terms & Conditions (WORD format, 48kB).
10. Start on the project within 6 months of receiving the Letter of Offer.
11. Keep proper financial records. E.g. expenses, invoices, receipts relating to the project.
12. Keep proper project records. E.g. scope, timeline, deliverables, progress reports, project sign-offs, and evaluation reports.
13. Get your consultant to provide a LETAS Consultant Assignment Report (WORD format, 23kB). You will need this report to claim for funds.
14. Pay the consultant in full before submitting your claim.
Claiming for funds
15. Complete and submit LETAS Claim Form (WORD format, 227kB) and LETAS Declaration Form (Word Format, 87kB). Attach the supporting documents :
Note : Claim must be received within 6 months from the scheduled completion date of the assignment. Otherwise, the offer of the grant shall automatically lapse.
16. Wait 3 – 4 weeks to receive the funds. To receive funds through interbank giro, complete and submit the Giro form (PDF format, 96kB) with your Claim form. Applicants not on the giro scheme will be given a cheque.
For More Information
Please Visit SPRING Singapore – http://www.spring.gov.sg/
EZ Accounting is the leading accounting software provider in Singapore. Are you Looking best accounting software in Singapore?
Reach Us – email@example.com /(65) 6227 0761 (Support)Tags: accounting software singapore, ez accounting, letas, letas grant, local enterprise technical assistance scheme